for those in Need
We Saw the Need
Power in a Shower is a 501(c)3 organization providing reliable access to mobile showers and basic hygienic services. Power in a Shower was founded in February 2020 and incorporated in January 2021, during the height of COVID19 Pandemic. We continue to work alongside both faith and community-based organizations.
To date we have served over 500 individuals by providing the basic need of showering facilities. Some of our most notable partners are St. Joseph House, Showers of Blessings Adventist Community Services.
Power in a Shower proposes a collaboration with the [City of New Haven – Office of Housing & Homelessness Services] to provide mobile showers to populations without access to these essential facilities. In collaboration, we can address the unmet need of those unsheltered and unstably housed individuals in the city of New Haven.
Access to clean showers is a basic human need which supports overall health, wellbeing and good hygiene.
To support Power in a Shower please make a donation here:
With each Shower, individuals are provided with a drawstring plastic bag where each bag will contain the following:
Bringing Hope one Shower at a Time
We will provide a total of (4) shower units;
(3) units with a showering area of 36 inch x 36 inch (shower units are 26 square feet)
(1) unit with a showering area of 32 inch x 48 inch (shower unit is 32 square feet). Our shower units are fitted with heating & cooling.
Each shower unit is fitted with a Shampoo & Soap dispenser.
Shower unit 32 inch x 48 inch is ADA compliant with the following:
- Grab bars
- Shower seats
- A pressure balanced mixing valve to prevent scalding
- Height adjustable shower head with a minimum 59 inch long hose, it can be used as a handheld or as a fixed shower head
- Clearance space outside the shower to allow for easy approach in a wheelchair with ramp access
All (4) units have a face basin and a seating – with (3) of the seating areas supporting a maximum weight of 300 lbs. and (1) seating area supporting a maximum of 260 lbs.
Of the (4) units, (2) have detachable shower nozzles for convenience while showering.
Please note our ADA Compliant shower unit is also Family Friendly. It can accommodate 2 persons per Family.